Monday, November 19, 2012

Semi-Floor-A-Palooza

Okay I know I promised you folks a floor-a-palooza post, but the floors aren't completely done.  I decided to wait until they were done to post anything...and then time passed, we all got a little older, and I figured I should post something else.  But then I noticed in a lot of my shots of something else there were shots of the floors partially done, and I didn't want to spoil the floor surprise. So then I figured it's better to give you some of the floors than nothing, so here we are with a semi-floor-a-palooza.  Remember this picture?

 What could we have been up to?

Well that was a photo of some stain samples for the AWESOMESAUCE CHECKERBOARD FLOOR IN THE ADDITION!  Check it out:

Pretty cool, eh?

I love how the woodgrain still shows through.

But wait, there's more!

 It looks like we're up to something in the back hallway.

What could this be?

Curiouser and curiouser...

Why, it's more TOTALLY AWESOMESAUCE stained floors!

As you can see, we opted for some more floor design in the hallway.  The chevrons here are meant to beckon you down the hall towards our addition.  It kind of reminds me of the airport a bit, you know, where the white zone is for loading and unloading of passengers only? 

 And I mean that in the best possible way.
 
These floors are all designed and executed by the fabulous Byron Blake.  He's a local Atlanta artist and interior designer.  We were very lucky to find someone who was willing to spend hours and hours working on his hands and knees (keep your mind out of the gutter!) just to make the floors look this cool.  He's not finished yet though cause we're planning on putting a stained/painted rug in the front hall.  I'll post pics of that when it's finished.

In the meantime, we've got some tile work done in the house too.  Here's the hallway bath floor:

We decided to keep it simple with classic hexagonal subway tiles.

 A little close up of the border for you, and also the hubby's boot.

We're planning on doing something similar in the laundry room, but to jazz it up a little, we'll add random little black flowers.

 An indication of things to come in the laundry room.

Well that's it folks.  I'll add more floor shots as they become available, and don't forget to tune in next time for something else!

No comments:

Post a Comment