Wednesday, December 19, 2012

It's Beginning To Look At Least Somewhat Like Christmas

Well folks, it's almost Christmas, and just because we recently moved doesn't mean we can't get all festive up in here.  Sadly, I was seriously stressed and running out of gas last week just trying to deal with the move and all the fun complications that ensued.  The thought of having to find/pull out/put up all my Christmas decorations just exhausted me.  Fortunately Shea (the lovely lady who has been doing all of the refinishing on our furniture) had a way to solve the problem.  Shea is quite often hired by people to decorate their houses for Christmas (I didn't know people did this sort of thing), so she offered to do ours.  We quickly agreed and she was off to Target to see what she could find for us.  As you can imagine, the selection was somewhat diminished, but I think Shea managed to score some cool stuff for us.

First up is this little white tree in the front hall.  I've always been a traditional red and green Christmas kinda gal.  I would never have thought to get a white tree, but it does look stunning against the purple accent wall.  I love the neat silver balls and purple snowflakes.


 Here's a shot of the tree lit up at night.  We need to hit a fabric store to get some purple fabric as a tree skirt.  Hopefully we'll have time to do that this weekend.

Here's our main tree in the living room.  Shea chose purple because it looks great with the burnt orange walls (and she knows I love purple).  It's pencil thin, which is nice because it won't block our TV.  I would have NEVER had the guts to do something like this on my own, but I have to say I love it!  It's hard to tell in this photo, but the silver wreaths on either side of the tree have little purple berries in them too.  Neat!

Here it is all lit up.  We want to get the 7' pre-lit tree that goes with this and have them both out next year, but Target is currently sold out of them.  I hope they get them back in stock before the season is over.

 Not to be outdone by Shea, the hubby decided that we needed to decorate the outside of the house too.  He headed to Ace hardware and picked up these very retro chunky looking lights.  I remember decorating with lights like these as a kid.  Remember how hot they used to get?  Well these modern versions are much better.

And here is our house all lit up at night.  I think it looks very festive, and for some reason it reminds me of Snoopy's house when he decorated it for Christmas.

Do you think we'd win first prize too?

That's it for this time folks.  There's still lots of stuff that needs to be finished up at the house so I'll have plenty more to post in the New Year.  Until then, I would like to leave you with my all time favorite holiday song:




From our old Atlanta house to yours, Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. Looks awesome, Chris! Glad you made it "home" for the holidays and that you have the Christmas decorations to make the season more complete. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Paula! I can't wait for you to come and visit :)

      Delete